President Smith's Halloween safety message
Halloween is just around the corner, and I wanted to take a moment to remind everyone of the importance of staying safe while enjoying this spooktacular holiday. Review these tips to ensure it’s an enjoyable night for all:
- Costume safety: Make sure costumes are easy to move in and visible in the dark (try adding reflective tape or glow sticks).
- Trick-or-treating: Stick to well-lit areas and always walk on sidewalks. Travel in groups and carry flashlights to stay visible.
- Candy inspection: Before digging into the sweet loot, inspect all treats for any signs of tampering or unwrapped items. If in doubt, throw it out!
- Pet safety: Remember that Halloween can be stressful for our furry friends. Keep pets indoors to prevent them from getting scared or anxious by the costumes and commotion.
- Check on decorations: Ensure that any spooky props, lights or displays on your decorated home won't pose a tripping hazard to trick-or-treaters.
- Responsible Driving: If you're behind the wheel on Halloween night, please drive slowly and be extra cautious in residential areas. Keep an eye out for excited children crossing the streets.
Let’s keep the community safe and ensure this Halloween a memorable one!
With warm regards,
President Eric Smith