- Administrative Adjudication
- Online Reporting Services
- Resident Programs and Services
- Police Divisions
- Family & Social Services
- Current Crimes and Trends
- Diversity and Use of Force Policies
- Preventing Hate Crimes
The Buffalo Grove Police Department is committed to its core function of ensuring safety to our village through professional service, steadfast law enforcement, and community partnership. We fully embrace the community policing concept and embrace its tenets in our daily work. Our officers perform with a high level of integrity, honesty, loyalty and professionalism, performing their duties while treating people with dignity and respect. Attention to customer service is always at the forefront while remembering our duty to maintain order and the public peace.
With over 40 years of law enforcement experience, I am eager to continue and expand upon the successes of the Buffalo Grove Police Department and solidify it as one of the best agencies in the nation. My door is open; I encourage our community members to reach out to me, or my staff at any time.
Steven R. Casstevens, CPC
Chief of Police
Going out of town? Initiate a Vacation Watch!
Request a vacation watch if you are traveling and your home will be unattended. Requests cannot exceed 30 days in length.
Vacation Watch Request
The Buffalo Grove Police Department has been nationally accredited through the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc. (CALEA) since 1987. The purpose of CALEA is to improve the delivery of public safety services primarily by maintaining a body of standards, developed by public safety practitioners, covering a wide range of initiatives. The goals are to:
- Strengthen crime prevention and control capabilities
- Formalize essential management procedures
- Establish fair and non-discriminatory personnel practices
- Improve service delivery
- Solidify interagency cooperation and coordination; and
- Increase community and staff confidence in the agency