Alarm systems can help keep your business or home safe and secure.
Frequently Asked Questions
- A building permit is required for the installation and/or modification of all the fire and burglar alarm systems, other than the "plug-in" wireless systems.
- An Alarm System User Permit is required for those alarms which notify the local Police and/or Fire Department upon activation.
Alarm Installation Permit
Alarm System User Permit
|Fire Alarm||Burglar Alarm|
|Submittal Documents||Building Permit Application|
|Minimum of 4 sets of alarm system drawings along with equipment specifications and current state fire alarm contractor license.|
|Please note that all fire alarm systems are required to be installed by a state licensed alarm contractor. Contractor must be registered with the village.||Installation by either a licensed electrical contractor or a low voltage contractor. Either contractor must be registered with the Village.|
|Permit Fee||This will be determined upon review of your application. Typically $210.||This will be determined upon review of your application. Typically $50.|
- Alarm System User Permit Application
- Annual alarm registration fee, which is $10.00 for either Police or Fire, or $20.00 for both. After July 1st, the fee is prorated to $5 and $10, respectively.
An Alarm System User Permit is required as long as the alarm system is operational and connected to a service that notifies Police and/or Fire Department upon activation. All Alarm System User Permits expire December 31st of each year and must be renewed annually.
- The Village will send out renewal invoices during the fourth quarter of each year to all registered alarm users.
- The user is to verify that all information on the invoice is correct, including monitoring company's name and phone number as well as at least one other (two for commercial users) emergency contact name and phone number. The invoice and fee is due back to the Village by December 31st.