Business licenses help ensure all businesses comply with various Village Ordinances/Regulations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- All businesses operating within the Village must maintain a current Business License, with the exception of Home Occupations.
- A Business Registration & License Application is required when:
- Opening a new business.
- Your existing business changes locations - even suites within the same building - or adds an additional location.
- There change in the business' square footage, either a reduction or expansion.
- The business has a change in ownership. (Licenses are not transferrable.)
- Business Registration & License Application
- $150 Certificate of Occupancy Fee
- Business License Fee - based on location, square footage and use. Village staff can assist with calculation. Individuals or businesses that are licensed by the State of Illinois are not required to pay a fee but must provide a copy of their state license.
- A written narrative describing the company and its operation within the proposed location.
- Additional licenses may be required depending on the nature of the business.
- The Village will mail you a business license renewal form during the fourth quarter of the calendar year.
- Update the form and send it back to the Village, along with the appropriate user fee noted in your renewal letter.