The Village of Buffalo Grove’s Administrative Adjudication Program hears a wide range of cases involving violations of municipal ordinances that were once heard in the Cook or Lake County Circuit Court.
Hearings held at Buffalo Grove Village Hall, 50 Raupp Blvd., expedite resolutions, reduce litigation expenses, and are more convenient for residents and visitors who wish to contest a ticket or other citation. The information on this page merely summarizes procedures.
If COURT APPEARANCE REQUIRED is checked, you must appear at the Hearing Date, which is on the front side of the citation.
If COURT APPEARANCE REQUIRED is not checked, you have two options.
- You may pay the fine at least two days in advance of the hearing date, in lieu of appearing at the hearing, using the following options:
- On-line: Payment Link
- By Mail: enclose a check or money order (cash is not accepted) payable to The Village of Buffalo Grove and send it to:
- 50 Raupp Boulevard, Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
- In Person: at Village Hall (50 Raupp Boulevard): Credit Cards, checks and money orders are accepted as payment.
- You may contest the citation by appearing at the Hearing on the time and date indicated on the front of the ticket.
Remaining Dates for 2021
- October 12
- November 9
- December 14
*All hearings begin promptly at 9:00 a.m.
The Buffalo Grove Police Department maintains a listing of found property with no owner identification. These items are retained for a minimum of six months per Illinois statute 765 ILCS 1030. If unclaimed after six months, the item (if applicable) is donated or sent to PropertyRoom.com, an online auction site open for bidding to the general public. They auction all abandoned, stolen, lawfully seized, or unclaimed property of every kind from law enforcement agencies nationwide. The website is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Unclaimed monies are deposited into the Village of Buffalo Grove general fund.
Click here for the list of current unclaimed items.
If you believe one of the items belongs to you, please call Evidence Custodian Tom Reed at 847-459-2560. Additional information may be required to determine ownership.