County and Regional Plans
The Village participates and supports the various county and regional plans that include and affect the Village.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 2017 - 2022 Proposed Transportation Improvement Program identifies transportation projects, services, and maintenance work to be implemented in Cook County from 2017 through 2022.
- Policy Roadmap (2018) incorporates key priorities and strategy initiatives to address the major public policy challenges facing Cook County.
- Planning for Progress (2015) unites the Consolidated Plan (Con Plan) and the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) into one integrated vision.
- Connecting Cook County – Long Range Transportation Plan (2016) is a framework to guide for the investment and enhancement the multi-modal Cook County transportation system.
- 2018-2023 Proposed Highway Improvement Program (2018) highlights transportation projects, services, and maintenance work to be implemented in Lake County from 2018 through 2023.
- Lake County Strategic Plan (2017) serves as a road map for the prioritization and investment of resources for Lake County.
- Lake County Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (2013) analyzes Lake County economic conditions and outlines operational goals and guiding principles.
- Lake County 2040 Transportation Plan (2014) is a long range plan that identifies deficiencies and recommends improvements to address the future transportation needs of Lake County.
- ON TO 2050 - Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP) (2018) CMAP, the official regional planning organization for northeastern Illinois, developed the region’s next comprehensive plan, ON TO 2050.
- Tri-County Access Project and the Il 53/120 – Illinois Tollway. In 2017, the Illinois Tollway decided to undertake the Tri-County Access Project, a regional study that aims to examine traffic congestion in Lake, northern Cook and eastern McHenry counties. Its objective is to take a broader, more comprehensive approach that includes but is not exclusive to the 53-120 extension.