The attached ordinance contains proposed amendments to Title 15, Buildings and Construction, of the Village of Buffalo Grove Municipal Code. A brief description of the major changes are as follows:
1. Patios were added to Section 108.2.A.1 Schedule of permit fees (Page 2). This is in response to the style of patios currently being constructed that incorporate electrical lighting systems, grills with natural gas connections and fire pits that all have code requirements, but are currently being installed without review or inspection.
2. A fee was added to Section 108.2.A.14 Permits for parking lot repairs/re-striping (Page 7). Due to the time spent with review and inspection, this fee has become necessary to cover the costs associated with these permits.
3. Section 905.4 Location of Class I standpipe hose connections was added to both Chapter 15.04 the International Building Code and Chapter 15.07 the International Fire Code (Pages 12 and 25 respectively). This section had been inadvertently left out during the last revision.
4. AP101 Fire Sprinklers (Page 24) was amended to delete the reference to sprinklers for single family homes, which the Village does not require.
5. Chapter 15.14 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) (Pages 34-35) was amended to adopt the 2009 IECC. This was in response to the State of Illinois adopting the IECC as the energy code for the state.
6. Chapter 15.20 Fence Code had two sections modified. Section 15.20.040 Residential Districts (Page 39) and Section 15.20.070 (Page 41) were amended to ascertain the definition of an �ornamental� fence and where this type of fencing is allowed to be located. This revision solidifies the prohibition of fencing in the front yard, except as allowed as an Ornamental Fence.